Extra Administrative, Hygiene & Cleaning Processes in Relation to Covid 19
Update July 2021
If you have a booking with us or would like to book with us the following information is provided for your safety.
Prior to Check In
- Payment is taken in advance of your stay by bank transfer or card to avoid the need to handle cash, confirmation and receipts sent by email
- You will be able to complete a registration form online to prevent the need to do this on arrival
- Book your approximate arrival time to prevent overlap with other guests
- Hand sanitiser will be available on site
- You will be checked in and given breakfast pre order menus and asked to choose your breakfasts in advance and a breakfast time from a list of available times. This is to minimise overlap with other guests. Don’t worry if you change your mind, so long as we know 24 hours before.
- Alternatively for an extra tray charge we can arrange to have breakfast brought to your room
- The use of masks will be optional from 19th July 2021
- Your room will have been cleaned to our own exacting standards avoiding cross contamination including the use of antiviral sprays and a fogging machine. Different cloths are used for different areas such as red for the toilet, blue for sink/showers and yellow for other areas. These are one use only and disposed of.
- Remote controls for the TV will be sanitised
- Key touch areas such as light switches and other flat surfaces will be cleaned using anti viral sprays.
- Guest books and magazines will be removed and a new online guide available via a link from an email or QR code.
- The servicing of rooms will be on request
- Should you require fresh towels these may be placed inside a laundry bag outside your door and will be replaced and any rubbish collected daily
- Guests departure time is 10:30am.
- Rooms are serviced as above
- Our linen is washed at 72 C at a commercial laundry.
- Hands sanitiser will be available to disinfect hands before dining
- The buffet area and fridge will no longer be in use but you can order the same foods on your pre-order menu and these will be brought to your table.
- You will receive your pre order breakfast at your chosen time once seated, this reduces the need for movement until exit.
- The chairs and tables will be thoroughly sanitised on departure following the food hygiene guidelines
- All cutlery and crockery will be cleaned in a commercial dishwasher that reaches in excess of 70 c then polished using boiling water and clean cloths
- The wearing of masks from the 19th July 2021 will be voluntary in the public areas.
- It is recommended that guests use passing places to allow other guests to pass at a distance
- As part of our daily cleaning regime we will be using an anti viral spray to clean touch points such as banisters, door handles and light switches where necessary. We will also be using an antifogging device throughout the B&B.
- There will be no access to the toilet on the first floor, all guests will need to use the toilets in their own rooms
- Guests are encouraged to make use of the hand sanitiser on entry to the premises and frequently wash hands
- You will be bound by the terms and conditions of your cancellation policy so please consider purchasing travel insurance even if you reside in the UK. If you have to cancel due to isolating, contracting Covid or displaying symptoms of ill health there will be no refunds.
- If you display any symptoms such as persistent cough, loss of sense of smell or high temperature please notify a member of staff to minimise impact
- Anyone displaying symptoms will be required to be responsible for bagging laundry in separate plastic bags and return home immediately
- We recommend you keep your rooms well ventilated throughout your stay
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to changes and updates as the need arises and as a result of new government guidance.
Updated 14th July 2021