We at The Sea Croft Bed Breakfast & Bar respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal information at all times. This Privacy Notice sets out:
1. how we use your personal information and
2. your rights in relation to your information
We act as the data controller in relation to the personal data which you provide to us with when booking our accommodation.
If you have made a booking on this site, or have left comments, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Information we hold about you
It is necessary for us to hold and process certain personal information about your in order to enable us to process your accommodation booking. This may include but not restricted to the following:
* Telephone number
* Payment Information
* Names of Guests you have travelling with you
* Dietary Requirements
We may also be required to process such additional personal information about you as is necessary to enable us to manage our relationship with you and provide services from time to time
How we use your information
In most cases, we will use the information we hold about you for the following purposes/activities and in accordance with the following lawful grounds for processing personal data
- Processing your booking for your stay at our accommodation and registering you as a guest that the accommodation.
- Managing our relationship with you, including but not limited to responding to queries or complaints guests with a good quality complaints raised by guests.
- Managing and collecting all applicable payments and/or charges guests and ensuring that we are able to
- Administering and protecting our business and website and administration and IT and our online booking system fraud.
- Providing you with suggestions and recommendations /services and growing our about products/services and/or promotional offers that may be of interest to you.
LAWFUL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
- Necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in administering our business and ensuring operates effectively
- Necessary for the performance of the contract with you
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in ensuring that we are able to provide our service and respond to all queries and
- Necessary for our contract with you
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in processing payments made by recover all sums due to us
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in running our business, ensuring the provision of services, maintaining network security and preventing
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in developing and promoting our products business
We may use your personal information to provide you with information for marketing purposes on goods, services and/or promotional offers that maybe of interest to you. You may receive marketing communications from us directly if you have used our online booking system, entered a competition and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
Please note that we will obtain your express opt-in consent before we share any of your personal information with any third party of marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at the email address set out below or opting out at the bottom of correspondence
How long will we retain your information
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Third parties with whom we share your information
We will require to disclose your information to our data processor, called a channel manager. Our channel manager administers the online booking system on our behalf. Accordingly, the channel manager will require to process your personal data in the course of operating the online booking system. Your information will also be disclosed to sub-processors for the channel manager. These sub-processors store data in order to enable the channel manager to operate the online booking system.
In addition to our data processor, we may also require to disclose your information to the following categories of recipients; (i) Other group companies; (ii) Our 3rd party service providers; (iii) Our professional advisers, including but not limited to legal advisers; (iv) Payment providers and other financial organisations; (v) Our suppliers; (vi) Our trade and business associates; (vii) Central and local government (viii) Regulatory authorities; (ix) Third parties with whom we negotiate commercial agreements; (x) Insurers; and (xi) Third party marketing companies where we have obtained express opt in consent from you.
Sources of information about you
We will collect personal information directly from you. We may also obtain information about you from our data processor and other third parties providing services in connection with the operation of our online booking system.
If your personal details change at any time, please inform us as soon as possible to ensure that all information held about you remains accurate and up to date.
International Data Transfers
We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic area.
Your rights in relation to information
These include the following:
- you can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you and a description of how we use that information (i.e. subject access request);
- if you believe any information we hold on you may be inaccurate or incomplete, and you are unable to correct this information yourself, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies;
- you can require us to erase your information in certain circumstances (i.e. the right to be forgotten);
- where we process your information using automated means on the basis of your consent or to perform the agreement, you can request that we supply such information to another party (i.e. the right to data portability);
- you can require us to restrict our use of your information or object to how it is used in certain circumstances;
- where we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances;
- where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to us processing your information; and
- where you have given your consent to us to process your information for particular purposes (e.g. to share your information with third party marketing companies), you may withdraw this consent at any time, provided that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you exercised your right to withdraw your consent.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your information or you wish to contact us about your rights or if you have any complaints about our use of your information, please contact us at: email@example.com
We will do our best to answer any questions and resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. However, if you feel that we have not resoled your complaint, please note that you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
Please note that this Privacy Notice may be updated by us from time to time. Any updates will be notified to you by email.